Oldalak

2013. május 17., péntek

Unfinished, Finished and Planned

Unfinished


Remember the HUGE pile of unfinished stuff from last summer? Here, let me help with this picture:




After almost one year of decluttering, and not starting any new projects (well, christmas and birthday presents don't count) These are the unfinished:


A box for my Tarot decks, correcting the failed Emilie Autumn litter bin, making garters with the help of THIS tutorial, adding black to earrings, and make something useful and pretty from the empty tin container and nailpolish-remover bottle.  



Well, this turqoise box shouldn't count, as I started it yesterday. :)




This plastic bag contains mostly bras, that's why I left them in the bag, as I don't want to show my lingerie on this blog. Also, I wanted to show off with my zebra patterned scissors, so übergoth! :D

That's all left from the piles and boxes. I celebrated with a pile of glossy creative magasine, and writing down ideas for possible future projects.  


Finished


Lately, I took up cross-stitching, and finished a friend's birthday request today:




Now, that I see it on a picture, I realised, that the "S" is somewhat crooked. I'll rethink the design for the next one. The goal is to combine text with small details, but this one is for a guy, so I ditched the idea of stitching (almost rhymes!) grey hearts in the second row.  I use a retired math excersise book for planning. Browsing "pixel art" is also a great source of inspiration. I got addicted quickly, as it's portable, so I can do it while waiting for the bus or watching TV.

 This box is a late birthday present. Actually, her birthday was in december. Well, better late, than never, right?



 I saved the best for the last



It used to be a simple, but comfortable dark-brown wooden chair, lying in a dark corner, and gradually becoming depressed from neglection. Now it matches with my vanity table! I even tied a few ribbons on it, the purple one says: "I am zen." 

 Planned

Cross-stitch
Purple curtains
More cross-stitch
Black-pink/stripey sitting things (instead of goosepoo-green  khaki)
Flowerpots
Candles
Decorated T-shirt for little sister's birthday
Candleholders
Even more cross-stitch (I'm not sure, if it's the right word for it?)



Do you have any creative plans?





3 megjegyzés:

Insomniac's Attic írta...

Wow, that's quite the accomplishment! Good for you for finishing all those projects up. I'm very bad at leaving things if they aren't going right, and then never finishing them!

I have a basket of things to finish over the summer that keeps changing. At the moment, it contains a pair of mukluks (they were supposed to be a Christmas present but didn't get done in time), and an old griffin tea cozy that I'd like to make a cross-stitch pattern of. But by next week, I'll probably have taken something out and added something different! :D

Lynette írta...

Ha. I have a whole box of projects sitting next to my sewing machine. I've decided to stop buying new possible crafts, but am still finding it hard to work through the pile I have. Your post is an inspiration! Well done!

Mary Poppins írta...

Thank you!

The Insiomniac: I had to google what is a mukluk, so thanks to you today I've learnt a new english word. ^^
It's still a mystery, how can you make one...

Lynette: one year ago I had five shoe boxes, full with half-broken and unfinished stuff. It's a good first step to stop bringing in new things, at least for me it worked.
Good luck!