Oldalak

2013. április 25., csütörtök

More about literature: Reading list

On the Book festival and Fair, wich I attended last weekend, I realised, that there are lots of books, I've planned to read, and they still await! I considered myself-well read, however not in contemporary, or modern stories!Here are a few writers, whose books I plan to read.

Vladimír Nabokov's Lolita, wich I've stopped halfway. 
Virginia Woolf
Silvia Plath
Oscar Wilde re-read things.
Roda Roda 
Ken Follet
Kurt Vonnegut
Robert Merle's historical books
Aldous Huxley
Classical russian writers: Turgenev, Cehov, Tolstoy, Dostoyevskiy, Puskin, Bunin, Bulgakov, Gogol
Guy de Maupaussant.
Henrik Ibsen
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Earnest Hemingway
Chuck Palahniuk not only Fight Club.
Franz Kafka
Thomas Mann
Jan Neruda
Hermann Hesse
 Dino Buzzati
Marian Keyes (if I start to get depressed from all that high lliterature...)

And this: 
Source is on it, very clever! :)


If you have any other recommendation, please mention in the comments!
Also, I found my (prettier) writer doppelganger: Sofi Oksanen. Hell, even her voice resembles to mine. I plan to read every single thing she wrote. :)


Clever and talented and pretty Sofi Oksanen...

....and...well. Me. :D


(I know that only our glasses look the same. Still. It's good to believe, that I can reach Sofi Oksanen-coolness level one day.)

2 megjegyzés:

Lynette írta...

Excellent resolution! It makes me happy to recognize a fair number of names on that list and even enjoy a good number of them!

Keep us updated with how your reading goes and any particularly good stories or authors. Be they unknown or not.

Mary Poppins írta...

Thank you!

So far no progress, I think I should start with the russian ones. :)